There are many ways to make a nose for your memory bear: embroidered, appliqued, plastic safety noses... At Nestling Keepsakes each of our memory bears has our signature heart-shaped felt nose. Here's how to do it!
1. Gather your supplies. You'll need a piece of felt slightly larger than you want your nose to be, small fabric scissors, pins, and a needle and thread. Optional: a grease pen or other marker that will show up on your felt.
2. Fold the felt in half and if you're uncomfortable just jumping in and cutting, draw half a heart with the centre on the fold.
3. Cut around the heart, staying inside the drawn line if possible. If some of the pen mark still remains on your heart, don't worry - this can be the back.
4. Centre the nose on your memory bear's face and attach it with pins.
5. Knot your thread and starting on the inside of the fabric, sew all around the heart using a back stitch.
6. Finish your last stitch on the inside of the fabric. Insert your needle under a stitch and pull your thread tight through the thread loop you created. Repeat for a double knot. Trim the tail of your thread.
7. You're done!